What is a cookie?
In order to provide a personalised and efficient service to our users it is necessary to memorise and store information about how this website should be used. To do this we use small text files called cookies which contain small amounts of information downloaded to our users' computer or other devices from a server. Your internet browser subsequently sends these cookies back to the website on each subsequent visit, enabling us to recognise and remember the identity of our visitors, in particular our users' usage preferences. You can find more detailed information about cookies and how they work here. Navigation on this website allows the collection of information using cookies and other technologies (e.g. web beacons, tags, scripts, local storage).
This Cookies Policy is part of our Privacy Statement. For more information about us and how we protect your information please see our Privacy Statement.
Cookies we may use and why
- "Strictly necessary Cookies" are required for the website to function and cannot be turned off on our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions taken by you that correspond to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
- “Analytics and Performance Cookies" allow us to count visits and traffic sources so that we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They can be set by us or third parties (e.g. Adobe, Akamai, Brightcove, Qualtrics) to help us know which pages or videos are the most and least popular and also to see how visitors move around the webiste.
- "Functional Cookies" allow the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation based on your interaction with the website. They can be set by us or third parties, such as Adobe, whose services we have added to our pages.
- "Advertising and Targeting Cookies" may be set through our website by our advertising partners, such as Adobe, Meta, LinkedIn and Google. They may be used by these companies to build a profile about your interests and show you relevant ads on other websites.
- "Social Networking Cookies" are set by a set of social networking services that we have added to the website to allow you to share our content with your friends and acquaintances. These cookies are able to track your browsing of other websites and create a profile about your interests. This may affect the content and messages you see on other websites you visit.
Cookies that are used by our website:
Duration: 1 year
Duration: 1 year
Additionally, there will be cookies created by Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/11397207?hl=en
How long do cookies stay on my device?
How long cookies stay on your device depends on whether it is a "persistent" cookie or a "session" cookie. A persistent cookie will be stored in a web browser and will remain valid until the expiry date for which it was set, unless you delete it before that date. On the other hand, a session cookie will be deleted at the end of your web session when the web browser is closed.
How do I control cookies?
You can control and manage cookies in multiple ways. We inform users that removing or blocking cookies may affect your user experience and may limit access to some areas or features of this website.
You can also change your browser settings to manage and control cookies. You can find more detailed information on how to do this at http://www.aboutcookies.org/ .
We may also use tracking technologies to determine whether our visitors have read, clicked on links or forwarded certain communications sent by us via email in order to assess the appropriateness of our communications. If you disagree with this approach, our users should unsubscribe, as we are unable to send these emails without these monitoring mechanisms in place. Registered subscribers may update their communication preferences at any time by contacting us, or may unsubscribe by following the instructions in the communication email sent by us to their email address.
We encourage users of our website to review our Cookie Policies periodically for the purpose of being informed about our management of cookies.